Everyone claims that their mom is the best cook, but for real, my Mom has the best dressing of all time!
Try it for yourself!
1 Package Of Dry Corn Bread Mix (Preferably Jiffy but any corn bread mix of your choice)
Juice From Cooked Turkey (Or 2 cups chicken broth)
½ Cup Chopped Celery
1-2 Tablespoons Of Dried Sage (I usually only put just a little sage for flavor)
Scallions (I use a few stems)
1 Green Pepper
1 Small Onions
Poultry Seasoning To Taste
2 Tablespoons Of Butter
1-2 Eggs (Depending on the size of dish)
Salt/Pepper To Taste
- Cook the corn bread first; cool and crumble for mixture.
- Chop the celery, onions, green peppers and scallions.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and sauté the celery, scallions and onions until soft.
- In a large bowl, combine the celery, onions, crumbled corn bread, eggs, chicken stock, sage, poultry seasonings, salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
- Place in a large dish and bake at 350 degrees until it gets to a cooked brown (Basically 30 minutes).
Good luck making it this holiday season, and my Mom will even let you take credit for it when your guests tell you it’s the best dressing they’ve ever had!